Pages

Tuesday 31 January 2012

‘Out of the Box!’

I’m not ashamed to say I always get so excited when my orders from Amazon finally arrive! Recently I’ve ordered a couple of books recommended by a lecturer at uni ‘Rework’ (Jason Fried & David Heinemeier) and ‘Funky Business Forever’ (Kjell Nordstrom & Jonas Ridderstrale). I’ve started reading ‘Funky Business’ which has so far been very interesting, pointing out ways in which businesses should adapt to stay ahead of the game. I’ve not read ‘Rework’ yet but a friend of mine who is reading it at the moment says it’s very motivational so I’m looking forward to starting it.



 



‘Out of the Box! Brand experiences between Pop-Up and Flagship’ (Gestalten) was my most recent purchase. It was waiting for me when I got home from uni today. It’s such an exciting book, full of colour and unique designs. It shows examples of how to make the ordinary, extraordinary! Brand identity within interior design is an area I am particularly interested in so I bought this book to see some images of other designers work for brands, their store designs and learn more about the subject.

“In short, Out of the Box! presents a compelling range of innovative ways for brands to present themselves and sell their products, offering their discerning, internet-minded customers unforgettable experiences on an emotional level.”


No comments:

Post a Comment