Pages

Friday 25 January 2013

In Construction. Xmas Show.


Before the Christmas holidays my class put on an exhibition to show our work and progress. Not only was it helpful to get some feedback about our work so far but it was also a good trial for our degree show in May and how we might use the space to display our work.

Within the space which is located on level 5 of the Matthew Building in Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art we had a mix of hanging banners and wall displays to present each students individual work.





I decided to use the banners and hang my sheets. As it is work in progress and still about 4 months until the degree show I have a lot of changes to make.


     


I found the feedback useful and it really made me think about how to present my information to people who know nothing about my project, this is something I need to improve upon. One of the main points discussed was the name of my project and logo. I have since decided to change it, I've tried a few different styles linking with the golden fish supper and gold bars, I have come up with a new design. Instead of naming my project ‘Chip Inn’ which I felt was bordering on “cheesy” I have decided to name my project after my family business, ‘Murray’s’ which also shows my strong connections with the subject.


No comments:

Post a Comment